Monday, April 28, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
"You know you're from St. George when..."
1. You either "Bled Blue" in High school or you were rivals with those that did.
2. Being A Flyer, Warrior, or Panther...actually means something to you.
3. You know how to properly pronounce "Hurricane"
4. You have slept on a trampoline.
5. You remember "The Flood" (either one).
6. You know who Bruce Hurst is.
7. You have seen too many to count transformations of the Hurst Ben Franklin store.
8. You have permanent tan marks on your feet from living in flip flops for years at a time.
9. You remember wearing girbeauds.
10. Or wanted them.
11. You know what “the red hill" is.
12. And might have used it as a good introduction for making out with the person you took up there. ;)
13. You did a race in high school to carry a large bucket there.
14. You have purchased an ice block before.
15. You've snuck onto Sunbrook, or one of the other golf courses at least once.
16. You think it’s freezing when temperatures dip below 50.
17. You've almost been killed by a elderly senior who, seriously should not be driving.
18. Lake Powell literally becomes your home in the summer months.
19. You've been to the Electric Theatre at least once in your life.
20. You know everyone goes to Larsen's or Iceberg during spring break.
21. You've taken random trips to California or Vegas.
22. You know the defintion of a hot summer.
23. You know someone who was in High School Musical 2.
24. You don't mind yelling at the t.v. screen "HEY!! I've been there! HEY THIS IS WHERE I’M FROM!!!" when you watch the movie, while everyone else looks at you like a moron.
25. You’ve been to the Dixie Roundup (more than once).
26. You've complained about the sucky mall we have.
27. You’ve spent a lunch (or two) at Albertsons.
28. You have suggested cruising the Boulevard on a friday night after a game.
29. You still have all our high school game chants memorized.
30. You know that the Ramada Inn is the end turn around point of the boulevard. (i thought it was Chevron)
31. You’re parents complained about spring break visitors at least once.
32. You've never gone to a store without seeing at least one person you know.
33. You are from Bloomington, Morningside, St. James or Green Valley and you were proud of it. (Long live the "mornies"!)
34. You miss being able to get practically anywhere in 2-5 minutes.
35. You could find flood street blindfolded.
36. You’ve had shoes stained by red dirt.
37. You thought the Veyo pool was cool.
38. You’ve ever caught a crawdad
39. You know where everyone goes Skimboarding.
40. You knew the personal lives of practically everyone,
41. And unfortunately everyone knew yours.
42. You always see someone you know at Christensens.
43. You've thought the city pool tube was the best water ride you’d ever been on.
44. Sonic was the coolest place to work in town
45. Practically all your teachers were mormon.
46. Some were in your ward.
47. You considered Ivins to be way out of town.
48. You carried all your books in a brown plastic tote from class to class.
49. You always found it kind of weird that people come from all over the world just to go to Zions.
50. Church Prayers always mention rain.
51. Two words: Cliff Jumping.
52. You drove to Mesquite/Vegas just to get out of town.
53. You have a Pasta Factory favorite combination.
54. You know what the "giant bra" is.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Then they got to pick out their seeds: peas, pumpkin, and radishes, and plant them in little bowls.
Then they planted strawberries in pots
And in the garden
Last they planted pumpkin seeds in the back corner of the yard.
Thank you so much Pa Pa. We had so much fun. You are the best!!!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Car Seat Covers, Burb Cloths, Wipes Case, Nursing Covers, blankets, etc.
Where: Lindsey's House
2862 S Skyline Drive
(leave me a comment with your email if you need directions)
Time: Open House 11am until 7pm...or whenever
Friday, April 4, 2008
Cookie Fruit Salad
* 1 1/2 C Buttermilk
* 1 large box of instant Vanilla pudding
* 1 large tub of Cool Whip
* Your choice of fruit ( I use 2 cans of tropical fruit, 2 cans of fruit cocktail, 2 cans of mandarin oranges, and 1 can of pineapple tidbits)
* 1 package of striped shortbread cookies
Put buttermilk and pudding mix into large bowl and whisk together. Fold in cool whip. Add fruit (make sure it is well drained) Break cookies into large pieces, put it in the bowl and stir.
Whoever thought of adding cookies to fruit salad is a genius if you ask me. Try it, you will thank me. Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
We had such a fun weekend. The weather was so nice this last weekend, and the Terry's let us come swimming in their new fun pool. How many people can go swimming in March? Lindsey also taught Autumn how to swim all by herself. It only took her about fifteen minutes. Thanks Linds!!!!