Friday, April 4, 2008

Cookie Salad...Yummy!

If anyone wants a fabulous treat for Conference weekend, you have to try this one. I got the recipe from one of favorite friends Lindsey T. and it is always the hit of any party. The best part is you can make it in under 5 minutes! So delicious.

Cookie Fruit Salad
* 1 1/2 C Buttermilk
* 1 large box of instant Vanilla pudding
* 1 large tub of Cool Whip
* Your choice of fruit ( I use 2 cans of tropical fruit, 2 cans of fruit cocktail, 2 cans of mandarin oranges, and 1 can of pineapple tidbits)
* 1 package of striped shortbread cookies

Put buttermilk and pudding mix into large bowl and whisk together. Fold in cool whip. Add fruit (make sure it is well drained) Break cookies into large pieces, put it in the bowl and stir.

Whoever thought of adding cookies to fruit salad is a genius if you ask me. Try it, you will thank me. Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

we had this at LAC one time - super good - who would have thought!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Thanks for the recipe I have been wanting it and now I can make ot for tommorrow! Yeah!

Linds said...

My mouth is watering...I hope you saved me some!

Unknown said...

this is the second time someone has posted this recipe... I will have to try it! the cookies don't get soggy???? hmmmm, interesting will give it a go!

jenbulkley said...

I called Josh while he was on his way to the store and told him to pick up these ingredients! Thanks

Dana said...

Thanks Erica I will have to try it.

Jonathan and Susan said...

It is true! This is Jonathan's favorite ever!

Heather said...

We LOVE that salad (can you really call it a "salad" with the yummy cookies?!), I always end up eating way too much of it!

Unknown said...

HEY HUN~ what do you want to know.... its taking me awhile to learn alot of stuff on my blog. It can be intimidating! just ask and I shall tell or hope to. We still need to plan a get together! life is to short and our kids are growing........

Kristen said...

Had Grandma Erma over for dinner last night and made this yummy salad for dessert. So good. Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

I love your new blog layout! Very cute. Your baby is getting so big, what a cutie!
Jen