Thursday, May 8, 2008

Carson's Birthday

A birthday isn't a birthday at our house without lunch at McDonalds. Kaden Kyler Carter and Rory met us there. He was beyond happy about this.




At school he got to wear the special birthday hat and pass out treats. They sang the cutest song about the earth going around the sun four times while he held a globe and walked in a circle around a giant light (sun).


The big birthday bash started right after school with swimming, slip n slides, water balloons, bubbles, games, candy, and cupcakes.


This is the kids chanting... "hotter hotter hotter" Apparently the water was a bit chilly and Ryan wasn't bring the buckets of hot water fast enough.


Spiderman masks


Silly Faces


Opening one of MANY presents.
Immediately after the friend party was the family party. We ate more sugar, opened more presents, and had lots of fun.


The birthday boy got his very own cake. When I was tucking him in that night he asked me with his eyes half way shut- "How much longer till my next birthday?" I told him 365 days, to which he replied.. "that is a long time...how much longer till Chrismas?" I think he was asleep before I could answer.



3 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

What a fun party!
Birthdays are the best.

Kelly Stanworth said...

You are such an awesome and fun mom. I'm such a party-pooper. I'd just assume boycott birthdays alltogether. And Santa, too. In fact, I asked Jeff last year if the kids were old enough to break the news about Santa (he said no, since they were only 4, 5, 5, and 7). Bummer. I'm going to have to take "fun mom" lessons from you.

Christina P. said...

I am so impressed with the spiderman cake you made. You should think about selling them for some dinero. Good Job!!